– HERTZ trades Joe Blanton, $15 FAAB; ZOLA trades Dexter Fowler, Luke Gregerson.
B. 60-day DL Redemption:
– KREUTZER cashes in on Anibal Sanchez – originally $3, but after the All-Star break, so half-value. All fractions rounded up – so he gets $2 in return.
C. Free Agents
– Picks up Matt Holliday for $94 (Wilderman 94; Ravitz 42; Kreutzer 54; Lombardo 89; Cockcroft 94; Pianowski 25); drops Greg Norton.
– Picks up Julio Lugo for $30 (Ravitz 27; Hertz 14; Leibowitz 13; Lombardo 29; Pianowski 25; Walton 52); drops Joe Beimel.
– Pick up Matt Daley for $0; drop Oscar Salazar
– Pick up Alex Cora for $1 (Hertz 3; Leibowitz 0); drop Anderson Hernandez.
– Pick up Tyler Clippard for $5 (Hertz 5; Kreutzer 0; Lombardo 0; Pianowski 1 (cont); Walton 4); drop Yusmeiro Petit.
– Drop Garrett Mock as result of trade.
– Pick up Cory Sullivan for $0; DL Jordan Zimmermann.
– Pick up Luis Rodriguez for $0; drop Jordan Schafer.
– Pick up Kevin Hart for $0; drop Jason Motte.
– Pick up Livan Hernandez for $0; drop Mike Ekstrom.
– Pick up Jhoulys Chacin for $0 (Melnick 0, Walton 0); DL Manny Corpas.
– Pick up Ramon Vazquez for $0 (Wilderman 0; Leibowitz 0; Pianowski 0); fills open spot.
– Pick up Jose Lobaton for $0; DL Ramon Hernandez.
– Pick up Chan Ho Park for $1; drop Jeff Karstens.
– Pick up Rick VandenHurk for $1 (Wilderman 0; Kreutzer 0; Pianowski 6); fills open spot.
Cushing gets Stephen Drew and Rich Harden
Roberts gets Jose Valverde, Dexter Fowler, and Jack Wilson
Conrad $1 (vickery 50)
Smith $13 (vickery 19)
Rzepcyzinski $1 (vickery 12)
Pedro $4 (vickery 7)
Cedeno $1 (vickery 1)
Latos $12 (21 vickery)
Sadowski $1 (vickery 20)
Carmona $1 (vickery 7)
Stauffer $1 (vickery 9)
Schmidt $1 (vickery 4)
Res R Johnson. Act D Navarro
Res Fields. Act Wise
Rel Chen. $Claim J Westbrook ($1. Next: none. Vickery: $1)
$Claim M Grudzielanek. ($10. Next: Berry $1. Vickery: $2)
Res B Lyon. Claim Yu-Te Ni.
$Claim R Quinlann ($1. Next: $0. Vickery: $1)
Res Balfour. Activate B Colon.
REL: Pedro Martinez. Tony Pena (SS), M Redmond.
Rel M Lowe. $Claim R Ramirez ($5. Next: $0. Vickery: $1)
Rel W Ramirez. $Claim J Hannahan ($6. Next: Sheehan $2, Vickery: $3)
Rel M Joyce. $Claim A Marte ($2. Next: none. Vickery: $1)
Res Accardo. $Claim D Baez ($2. Next: none. Vickery: $1)
Res Buck. $Claim D Dellucci ($1. Next: $0. Vickery: $1)
Res Mijares. $Claim F Carmona ($2. Next: none. Vickery: $1)
Rel Berkan. Act Poreda.
Res Freel. Act DeRosa
DL Meche. Claim D Oliver.
DL Zumaya. Claim Seay.
Res Langerhans. Act Hunter. REL M Ramirez.
Rel Gimenez. Act C Quentin.
No trades this week.
2. Free Agents
– Picks up Augie Ojeda for $1 (Hertz 2); drops Jeremy Reed.
– Picks up Oscar Salazar for $1 (Hertz 5); drops Chan Ho Park.
– Picks up Adam Rosales for $0; drops Juan Castro.
– Picks up Nick Stavinoha for $0; drops Matt Maloney.
– Picks up JD Martin for $1(Kreutzer 1); drops Edward Mujica.
– Picks up Chris Coste for $1 (Kreutzer 2, Wilderman 0); drops Tim Redding.
– Picks up Jon Rauch for $1 (Kreutzer 2); DL’s Scott Olsen.
– Picks up Josh Whitesell for $1 (Kreutzer 24); drops Corey Patterson.
– Picks up Kevin Frandsen for $3 (Leibowitz 3; Hertz 2); drops Tony Clark.
– Picks up Mat Latos for $5 (Walton 2; Leibowitz 7; Hertz 4); drops Brian Bogusevic.
– Picks up Alberto Arias for $1 (Lombardo 1); drops Diory Hernandez.
– Picks up Joe Beimel for $0; DL’s Pedro Martinez.
– Picks up David Ross for $0; drops Mitch Stetter.
– Picks up Greg Norton for $0; drops Nick Evans.
– Picks up Luis Ayala for $1 (Wilderman 2); drops Aaron Heilman.
– Picks up Tyler Clippard for $1 (Zola 1; Hertz 0); DL’s Corey Wade.
Brian Walton is doing just fine in NL Tout. He’s got a comfortable, if not insurmountable, lead, and he’s playing the game very well.
Although he doesn’t write about his fantasy teams much, at midseason he took a breath and gave a peak at what is going on in his head. Not surprisingly, his rooting interests often conflict.
TOUT Wars (17 team, Mixed)
By Perry Van Hook
Well I finally got Votto back into the lineup, but losing Beltre at the same time was a double blow â€“ he had started hitting better and it means I have to play Melvin Mora and hope for a turnaround, or play the valuable but still part time Willy Aybar whom I added a few weeks ago because he could be a MI or CI substitute if needed.
Currently the lineup is:
CÂ – Pierzynski and Y. Molina
CI â€“ Votto, Mora, and Atkins
MI â€“ A. Ramirez, Barmes, and J. Lopez
OF â€“ Ellsbury, N. Cruz, Werth, Juan Rivera, and Dye
UT â€“ Spilborghs (this week with Rockies at home for seven)
Reserve â€“ L. Scott and Willy Aybar
The offense has climbed to 65 points now, fourth in the league, with
BA=.2796 for 15 points; HR=137 for 14 points; RUNS=501 for 10 points; RBI=516 for 10 points; and SB=102 for 16 points
On the pitching side I now have 57.5 points (now sixth) with
ERA=3.93 for 13 points; K=578 for 9 points; S=25 for 7 points; W=48 for 13.5 points; and WHIP=1.28 for 15 points
SP â€“ Carpenter, Hanson, Zimmermann, Washburn, Nieve, Mazzaro, and Blackburn
RP â€“ Broxton and MacDougal
Reserve â€“ Lowe and Saunders (wish I had been that smart a week ago)
While the pitching points have only gone up a point (losing two points in WHIP), I think the stats are better positioned to gain more points in most all categories. Hanson has been worth the wait, and hopefully that will continue in Coors this week.
TOUT differs in many ways from other expert leagues and the recent rule changes have put the emphasis on the individual writer/analyst, and not the site where they are currently working. When there is a vacancy, there is a nomination process, followed by a vetting by a committee and finally a vote. I was glad to have been voted in this year to start with a couple of other newbies in the Mixed League. (If you survive and are â€œpromotedâ€ it is to the AL or NL only leagues). Information about all three of the leagues and the participants as well as articles and comments can be found at the league website (http://www.toutwars.com/).
Here are the TOUT standings after Week 13:
RankÂ Â Â Â Â Â TeamÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Points
1) Â Â Â Jason Pliml, MDCÂ Â Â Â Â Â 132.0
2)Â Â Â Chris Liss, RotowireÂ Â Â Â Â Â 130.0
3)Â Â Â Perry Van Hook, FB.comÂ Â Â 122.5
4)Â Â Â J.P. Kastner, CreativeSportsÂ Â Â 103.0
5)Â Â Â Michael Salfino, SNY.tvÂ Â Â Â 98.0
6)Â Â Â Paul Petera, HQÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â 92.0
7)Â Â Â David Gonos, OpenSportsÂ Â Â Â 90.5
8)Â Â Â Eric Karabell, ESPNÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â 90.0
9)Â Â Â Andy Behrens, Yahoo.comÂ Â Â Â 88.0
9)Â Â Â Alex Patton, pattonandcoÂ Â Â Â 88.0
11) Â Â Â Larry Schechter, ShrinkÂ Â Â Â 86.5
12)Â Â Â Brendan Roberts, ESPNÂ Â Â Â 84.0
13)Â Â Â Eric Mack, CBSÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â 80.5
14)Â Â Â Alex Cushing, mlb.comÂ Â Â Â 74.5
15)Â Â Â Doug Dennis, HQÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â 66.5
16)Â Â Â John Hoyos, rotojunkieÂ Â Â Â 66.0
17)Â Â Â Will Carroll, BPÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â 38.0
For a complete look at Van Hookâ€™s expert league review, click HERE
On Jeff Erickson’s Fantasy Focus on BlogTalkRadio.